Most people will agree that jump-starting their car is an inconvenience. But many people don’t know that it can also be dangerous. We should all be aware of how to safely jump-start our car’s battery. Keep these tips in mind when getting your vehicle back on the road.
- Use only the type of battery recommended for your car.
- Always use eye protection when jump-starting any vehicle.
- Never smoke when working on or near a battery.
- Make sure your jumper cables are in good working condition.
- Dispose of your old battery properly.
- Always call a professional, such as a mechanic or AAA, if you think there might be trouble you can’t handle, or you can’t remember how to jump-start your vehicle.
At Provincial & The Crillion Apartments in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, we believe it’s important to live life vigorously. In order to do so, you must educate yourself regularly with lifestyle-enhancing tips such as these. With this blog post, we seek to improve your way of life through education that promotes self-care.